4 Toning Exercises to Reduce Thigh Chafing
Posted by Jack Miller on 1st Aug 2021
Chafing occurs in many places, but it's most common between the thighs. Are you wondering how to stop thigh chafing once and for all? Well, as the old saying goes, don’t miss leg day!
In order to reduce thigh chafe, it’s important to engage in regular strength training exercises which will help tone your legs and lose excess weight which is causing your thighs to rub together.
For optimum results from these four exercises, we recommend doing 20-minute circuits a day, two to three times a week. That way, you’re bound to increase muscle mass and burn more calories.
1. Supine inner thigh lift
This exercise has many benefits but, most importantly, it strengthens your inner thighs and trims them down.
1. Lie down flat on your back with your abs engaged. Make sure your hands are placed firmly on the ground at your sides.
2. Lift both legs in the air and flex your feet. Slowly lower your right leg out to the side as wide as you can without lifting your left hip from the ground.
3. Return to your starting position of both legs in the air and squeeze them together.
4. Repeat 15 times on each leg.
2. Sumo squats
As a variation of the traditional squat, sumo squats are more effective in targeting inner thighs and abductors through their unique movement pattern. This is a result of a wider stance.
1. Spread your legs more than shoulder-width apart and angle your feet slightly outward.
2. For balance, focus straight ahead and bend both the hips and knees. Always ensure that your knees do not venture over your toes but remain in line.
3. Bend your knees until your upper legs are parallel to the floor, and make sure that your posture remains straight.
4. Push through your heels and return to your starting position whilst exhaling.
5. Repeat 15 times.
3. Single leg glute bridge
If you’re a relative newcomer to exercising, single-leg glute bridges will help build functionality and increase your ability to perform these other leg exercises.
1. Lie flat on your back with your arms resting at your sides and bend your left knee so that your foot is placed firmly on the ground. Now extend your right leg out in front of you.
2. When you exhale, press your left heel onto the ground and raise your pelvis off the floor. Your body should form a straight line from the knee to the chin.
3. Inhale and lower your pelvis back down to the ground.
4. Repeat 12 times on each side.
4. Jumping jacks
Jumping jacks are usually used in total-body workouts and are effective for burning calories. Over time, this exercise will tone your thigh muscles.
1. With both arms by your sides and feet together on the ground, quickly jump both feet outward and raise your arms above your head at the same time. You should be in a position that resembles a star.
2. Jump both feet inward and lower your arms so that you’re back in your starting position.
3. Repeat 20 times
These exercises are just a few to get started on toning your legs and help prevent thigh chafing in the future. If you’re taking a trip to the gym to complete your exercises as part of a bigger workout routine, we recommend following these extra tips to prevent chafing when exercising.
Want extra support whilst performing these exercises? Go for No More Chafe's thigh chafing bands whilst exercising. Be sure to get in touch with us today for more information.