If you are fond of running, or the beach is your favourite holiday destination, then you must love summers! However, if you are prone to chafing then your love of summers might be a painful experience for you. Chafing is a condition caused by constant friction, it's when our skin keeps coming into regular physical contact with itself or clothing fabrics. It turns into a rash that hurts with any physical movements. In most cases, the chafed area will be red, sensitive and sore.
Areas Prone to Chafing
When it comes to chafing, body crevices are some of the most affected areas. Chafe is commonly experienced in the crotch, buttocks, armpits, under-breasts and inner thighs being the prime areas. Rolls of skin fat, sagging skin or skin folds also are areas prone to chafing. However, many toned and trim people also experience chafing. Though chafing can happen at various places on the body, the most commonly experienced and most torturous type, is the inner thigh chafing.
Some Main Causes of Inner Thigh Chafing:
- Clothing - Clothes that are either too tight or poorly fitted loose clothes, come into ruthless contact with your skin causing chafe. When your clothes rub repetitively against you, they will tear away at your skin, and after a little time you will contract chafing from that action. Also fabrics that do not soak moisture can be a reason for your never-ending chafe.
- Running - Continuous and long runs can be responsible for thigh chafing. This is the least surprising of causes, running is one of the most high intensity activities you can partake in, so quite obviously many regular runners are prone to chafing.
- Cycling - Fast and long cycling sessions can be culprits for the chafe. Cycling, spinning and stationary cycling have been found to be responsible for chafing. Cyclers also have big strong thighs from their chosen exercise, which contributes greatly to the chances of getting chafe.
- Moisture - Too much moisture from excess and constant sweating. Funnily enough, the sweat feels alright at its' peak, but when that sweat begins to dry onto your skin, that's when the real damage done.
- Exercise - Chafing also happens because of exercises that involve repetitive movement that involves the thighs. Many times, non-breathable sportswear and overly developed muscles from exercise will bring the skin in excessive physical contact.
- Skin sensitivity - Innately having a skin sensitivity can be a problem. Excessively dry, oily or sensitive skin makes you prone to changes on your skin, and pH levels on your skin, this can mean your quite prone chafing.
- Weather - Hot weathers are thriving season for chafe. Summer and spring bring chafing on for most people, it doesn't matter what size you are, hot weather and activity leads to chafing.
- Beach - Chafing occurs when you hop into the ocean. The water contains a lot of salt, sand and minerals, all of these get deposited onto your skin in the rough and tumble of the waves. Once you exit the water and start walking, these sharp and hard molecules, really cause a horrible amount of damage to your thighs.
If you have been suffering from the painful thigh chafe because of one or more of the above-mentioned triggers, you would have tried many solutions, right? But most suffers know that the most popular chafing remedies have failed to help them:
Creams & gels fail to stop chafe because they rub off within 10-15 minutes of walking.
Powders are the least effective product as they vanish fairly immediately after application.
Compression underwear & bike shorts are unable to prevent chafe as they trap heat & sweat and don't stay in place.
So, what works?
Go for a reliable pair of Stretch-Mesh Thigh Bands they are the only product on the market that work on every level. Anti-chafe Thigh Guards stay exactly in place, and create a 2nd skin in between your thighs, not ever letting the skin on your thighs brush against each other. You can perform any kind of movement or athletic action without any hassle or concern. Run, jump, crouch, sprint, twist and turn, your thigh guards will stay exactly in place no matter what you do!
So, adorn thigh bands and you never have to put up with the chafe again!