If you suffer from it, you know that inner thigh chafing is one of the most annoying and horrible skin conditions. Chafing is a painful rash, that causes a stinging burning sensation every time you touch the effected area. Unfortunately inner thigh chafe is the most commonly succumbed to condition, and it hurts every time you walk. Very clearly chafing starts to surface when your thighs rub against each other and the skin starts to get damaged, so we need to find a way to prevent this.
After the terrible chafing rash, bumps and blisters show up, life becomes miserable, even on what should be the best of days. Hence, prevention is the best chafing treatment.
Here are a few tips that will assist you with prevention:
- Exercise with proper clothing on - Exercise and excessive physical activity are a cause of chafing. So while exercising try to wear exercise gear that fits you well. Choose a fabric that dries up fast like nylon, polyester, or spandex. It may also be a good idea to wear cotton as it breathes much better and let the skin stay ventilated. However, be aware of Thigh High Tights that trap heat and encourage too much sweat.
- Staying dry will help - Excessive moisture often makes the chafe worse. So always keep your skin dry with an oil blotting paper. Changing wet and sweaty clothes can also be very helpful. Stay away from talcums powder, though powders seem like a great drying agent, they are associated with cancers too.
- Lubrication - Applying natural lubrication agents like petroleum jelly and oils can be beneficial. Lubrication makes walking and exercising easy as you thighs swiftly glide. However, heavy and chemical-laden creams and lotions can make the situation worse. Also, these gels can rub off rather quickly.
- Wear thigh guards - Yes! this is one of the safest and effective ways to save your thighs from chafing. A good quality pair of anti-chafing thigh bands create a physical barrier that stops the thighs from rubbing against each other. A flexible pair of these bands can be worn under any of your clothing choices while pursuing any of your favourite physical activities.
- Clean up the salt - Situations like sweating make a salty layer on the skin, if left on the skin for too long these salts can lead cut into the skin, and lead quickly to a rash. It is crucial to clean up the skin after you have played sport, or had a training and exercises session. Please, don't let your sweat dry on the skin as this gritty layer of salt is left behind and causes a sandpaper like friction.
- Consult a specialist - In severe cases where you see bad blistering and bleeding and none of the remedying strategies help, speaking to a skin specialist should be the ideal form of action.