If you suffer from it, you know that Inner Thigh Chafing is one of the most annoying skin conditions. Very clearly chafing starts to surface when your delicate thigh skin rubs against skin or your clothing.
After the bumps and the rash shows up, life becomes miserable even on best of days. Hence, prevention is the best Chafing Treatment
Here are a few tips that will assist you with prevention
- Exercise with proper clothing on - Exercise and excessive physical activity trigger Chafing. So, while exercising one must wear exercise gear that fits you well. Choose a fabric that dries up fast like nylon, polyester, or spandex as they let the skin stay ventilated. However, be aware of High Thigh Tights that trap heat and encourage too much sweat.
- Staying dry will help- Excessive moisture often makes the chafe worse. So always keep your skin dry with an oil blotting paper. Changing wet and sweaty clothes can also be very helpful. Stay away from Talcs, though powders seem like a great drying agent, they are associated with cancers too.
- Lubrication is a saviour. Applying natural lubrication agents like petroleum jelly and oils can be beneficial. Lubrication makes walking and exercising easy as you thighs swiftly glide. However, heavy and chemical-laden creams and lotions can make the situation worse.
- Wear thigh guards- Yes! this is one of the safest and effective ways to save your thighs from chafing. A good quality pair of anti-chafing thigh bands create a physical barrier that stops the thighs from rubbing against each other. A flexible pair of these bands can be worn under any of your favourite clothing while pursuing any of your favourite physical activities.
- Clean up the salt- Situation like extra sweat and beach encounters make a salty layer on the skin, if left on the skin for too long these salts can lead to a rash. It is crucial to clean up the skin after you have played on the beach or when you come back from a sporty session. Hence, don't let the sweat dry on the skin as this gritty layer of salt behind that causes friction.
- Consult a specialist- In severe cases where you see bleeding and none of the protection helps, speaking to a skin specialist shall be ideal.